People Enabling Area Transformation
Wakefield’s PEAT Project is a Community Led Local Development (CLLD) Programme that is part financed by the European Structural and Investment Fund, and will run until 2022 in the areas of Airedale, Castleford, Ferrybridge, Havercroft & Ryhill, Kinsley & Fitzwilliam, South Elmsall & South Kirkby and Hemsworth.
It gives a voice to those living and working in these areas, letting them shape interventions that will support local people and businesses to grow and access opportunities. The project has secured funding from the European Structural and Investment Fund to provide grants to organisations, groups and businesses to deliver projects that will
Fuel community and business growth
Help those furthest from the labour market access opportunities
PEAT Project Objectives
Our Local Development Strategy sets out five Objectives that will help us achieve our overall aims and goals; Currently there are no open calls under these objectives.
Objective 5 ERDF
Funding Call Summary
The PEAT CLLD Programme is encouraging applications for projects that bring new and previously innovative solutions to long term issues identified in the PEAT Local Development Strategy by funding a number of different ideas/concepts through a test and learn principle. Objective 5 is an Innovative Solutions Fund that will deliver a variety of programmes and comprises funding from the European Regional Development Fund.
Wakefield Community Led Local Development
Projects we have funded
Since going live with funding calls, the PEAT Project has funded thirteen projects across the CLLD area, with projects across all 5 objectives including ERDF and ESF funding. The projects are well split across the two areas of benefit.
- Ways to Work (Newground)
- Creating Confident Capable Communities (Havercoft and ryhill Community Learning project)
- Head Towards Work (Second Chance)
- Building Powerful Communities (NOVA)
- Route 66 (Reflections, Career Cabin and Gasped)
- Social Enterprise Support TEAM (CERT Training)
- SEBLO (RCP21)
- Step Forward (Autism Plus)
- Tigers Conversion Project (Castleford Tigers Trust)
- Advice for Isolated Communities (CAB)
- Over the Bridge (Bridge-It Housing)
- Frickley Athletic in the Community (Frickley Athletic)