Do you want to be your own boss? Are you considering becoming self-employed? Whether you are an aspiring cake baker, local handy person, window cleaner, child minder or mobile hairdresser, setting up your own business can be daunting.
The WDH Self Employment Project offers personalised support to anyone considering self-employment, those trying to start their own business and newly self-employed people looking to improve and grow their existing business.
The project aims to guide, advise and support people within the Castleford, Airedale and Ferrybridge target areas on their journey to become self employed and run a successful small business.
Our Self-employment Advisor, Jack will help and guide you to consider;
- Is self-employment right for me?
- How do I know I have the right skills to start my own business?
- What steps do I need to take to be ready to start my own business?
- How will I reach my potential customers?
- Have I got the right Insurance in place?
- Are there other organisations that can help and support me?
- How can I be more efficient to expand and grow my existing business?
WDH have been successfully providing information, advice and guidance to support tenants into work or training for over 10 years. We are excited to be able to offer this NEW focused self-employment support to people of Castleford, Airedale and Ferrybridge which is funded through the Wakefield PEAT project.
Although this project is being delivered in Castleford, Airedale and Ferrybridge we are able to provide support and advice to residents in other PEAT areas of the Wakefield District.
Please contact WDH Community Employment Team for more details and request an appointment.
Or call 01977 788825